Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Hummingbird -- Visit

[PHOTO SOURCE: A color plate illustration from Ernst Haeckel's Kunstformen der Natur (1899), showing a variety of hummingbirds.]
**********

This morning I was watering the backyard with my garden hose by hand (the sprinklers still need repair) and enjoying the early morning sunrise, breeze, and pretty clouds. There were robins, doves, and quail in the yard with me foraging for nesting supplies and breakfast. Quietly a hummingbird came within two feet of my "NOSE" (really my nose), attracted by the fine spray of water from the hose. It took a drink or bath, and I held my breath and did NOT move!! This moment in time lasted about a whole minute. Then it flew away. The hummingbird makes a distinctive sound with the 'beating' of its wings, and I can usually 'hear' them before I see them. This was the FIRST time a hummingbird has come so CLOSE to me and a FIRST time one has come to drink and/or bath in my garden hose spray (that was in my HAND).

This whole experience was an early morning BLESSING that gave me joy and peace! I was so MOVED spiritually that I wanted to share this experience with you.

OUR DAYS ARE TRULY MADE UP OF THESE SMALL AND PRECIOUS MOMENTS!!! 
I am so glad there are flowers in the yard so that these small creatures feel safe to visit and find food!

HERE are a few PIXs of Hummingbirds that I found on the internet that looked nice (I did NOT have my camera to take my little visitor's PIX!)


THE HUMMINGBIRD:

HERE is a LINK to a description of the Hummingbird from WIKIPEDIA.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hummingbird


[PHOTO SOURCE:  GOOGLE online images --  Green Violetear Hummingbird at a flower.]




No comments:

Post a Comment