Tuesday, January 18, 2011

COOPERS HAWK -- Visitor to my Yard !


[PHOTO SOURCE: Top PIX--GOOGLE online images of COOPER HAWKS.   Second PIX from the top  is courtesy of my friend "SKY-BIRD".]


***************
Kind of Bird:   COOPERS HAWK

**SPECIAL THANK YOU to a special SKY-BIRD for identifying this bird  ( from photos I took of the bird these past few weeks as it sat on my fence and perched on a tree limb)  for finding a great PIX on the Internet and sharing it with me !!!        JUST  TERRIFIC !!!       
THANK YOU so-o much SKY-BIRD !!!**

A VERY SHORT note about this bird follows that I copied from the Internet from an excellent bird website (see below).

Among the bird world’s most skillful fliers, Cooper’s Hawks are common woodland hawks.

Adults are steely blue-gray above with warm reddish bars on the under parts and thick dark bands on the tail. Juveniles are brown above and crisply streaked with brown on the upper breast, giving them a somewhat hooded look compared with young Sharp-shinned Hawks' more diffuse streaking. They inhabit wooded habitats from deep forests to leafy subdivisions and backyards.

It is a bird of prey, and since it comes to my backyard almost daily, I do NOT plan on going outside when it in my yard. (Not that I am a 'fraidy-cat' !!)

WEB SITES for info about COOPERS HAWK are on the Internet and can be found by using GOOGLE search.

Below is a web site that is GREAT, for it gives a description, videos, photos, sounds, habitats, and other things.


My FAV web site for COOPER HAWK info is below.
http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Coopers_Hawk/id




[VIDEO above: my camera, my backyard, my voice]



[PHOTO SOURCE: Below PIXs from My camera, My backyard.]

No comments:

Post a Comment